Sunday, January 21, 2007

Back up your data...really?

I've gotten a ton of feedback saying basically "It's your fault man, you've got to back up your own data, never trust anyone to do it for you, I back up my data every day on 10 different drives and 2 DVDs, and you should've fixed your computer yourself, you're an idiot, etc., etc., etc."

No kidding, you have to back up your stuff. I know that. I do that. Unfortunately I can't sit around all day and watch the crappy 1x DVD burner on my powerbook whirl away, since I do have a job to do. I was in the process of backing my stuff up, but I hadn't gotten through it all. That's the deal.

My biggest problem with Apple is that they threw away my hard drive. That thing is mine. Whether it was corrupted or not, it's mine. Send it back to me along with my computer that you didn't fix. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. That thing is mine. If you're not smart enough to check to see if the data transfer I paid for actually worked, then give me my property back so I can pay someone else to do it.

2 comments:

Goose said...

No kidding, you're LaCie backup drive crashed, you should've replace it since it happened 'a couple of months ago'.

vish said...

You can recover your data by yourself. You can use stellar phoenix data recovery software to recover your data even you didn't backed up the data. Take care of it in feature so that you don't face data loss.

Thanks